Recipe by Kimke
This is a great (and easy) salad for Fall. The favors are awesome and you can throw it together quickly for a weeknight dinner.
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed with stems removed, cut into smaller. bit size pieces
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked until crisp, drained, then cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Dressing: In a bowl, whisk together the cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. When the sugar has dissolved, whisk in the olive oil and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the butternut squash cubes, rosemary, olive oil, salt, and pepper until all cubes are coated. Spread the mixture evenly on a cookie sheet and bake for 15-30 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Toss the spinach with some of the dressing and place in a serving bowl.
- Toss the warm sweet potato and butternut squash cubes, bacon, and red onion with some of the dressing and arrange over the spinach. Serve the extra dressing on the side.