2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A nice fall harvest lasagna
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups chopped leeks
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage (or 1 t. dry rubbed sage)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups peeled butternut squash, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1Vegetable filling: heat the oil in a big nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add in leeks, sage, and garlic; stir/saute 5 minutes.
- 3Add in squash, wine, and water; cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the squash is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4Stir in ¼ teaspoon pepper and the spinach.
- 5Filling: in a big saucepan over med-high heat, melt the butter; add in the flour, and whisk the mixture until combined.
- 6Cook for 3 minutes to brown the flour, continuing to whisk.
- 7Gradually add the milk to the flour mixture, whisking continuously to prevent lumps.
- 8Decrease heat to medium, and cook until thick, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 9Remove pan from heat; add in cream cheese, nutmeg, and pepper, stirring with a whisk.
- 10Combine the mozzarella and provolone cheese; set aside.
- 11To assemble: Preheat oven to 400°; oil the sides and bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- 12Spread ½ cup sauce on the bottom; arrange noodles over the sauce, and top with 2 cups of vegetable filling, ½ cup of the cheese mixture, and ½ cup of sauce.
- 13Repeat layers ending with noodles.
- 14Spread remaining sauce over the noodles; cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- 15Uncover, sprinkle with ½ cup of cheese mixture, and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- 16Let stand 10 minutes prior to cutting to serve; garnish with sage sprigs.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash and Spinach Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.2
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 48.6 mg
- Sodium 315.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cooked lasagna noodles