Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This came from the O Magazine.
Make and share this Butternut Squash and Sage Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 8 -18 leaves fresh sage (to garnish)
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, 8 to 10 minutes. Add squash; cook 5 more minutes. Add chopped sage and broth; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 30 minutes. With an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth (or puree in small batches in a food processor fitted with knife blade). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a small pan, heat 1/2 inch vegetable oil until hot. Drop sage leaves in about 3 at a time and fry until just crisp; remove to a paper-towel-lined plate. Serve soup hot, garnished with 2 or 3 sage leaves per bowl.
i made half recipe this was a light soup that tastes great