1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash and Sage Soup
1 hr 30 mins
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Found this in a magazine when trying to find a fall recipe to use up some of the Squash growing in my garden. Pretty simple and very good. Found the mix of sage and squash to be a nice combination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large pot, ehat olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and cook until translucent, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3Add squash, cook 5 more minutes.
- 4Add chopped sage and broth and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until squash iver very tender, about 30 minutes.
- 6With an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth (or puree in small batches in a food processor).
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8In a small pan, heat 1/2 inch vegetable oil until hot.
- 9Drop sage leaves in about 3 at a time and fry tuntil just crisp.
- 10Remove to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- 11Serve soup hot, garnished with 2 or 3 sage leaves per bowl.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash and Sage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (546 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 786.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 10.6 g