Found this in a magazine when trying to find a fall recipe to use up some of the Squash growing in my garden. Pretty simple and very good. Found the mix of sage and squash to be a nice combination.
- In large pot, ehat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until translucent, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add squash, cook 5 more minutes.
- Add chopped sage and broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until squash iver very tender, about 30 minutes.
- With an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth (or puree in small batches in a food processor).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a small pan, heat 1/2 inch vegetable oil until hot.
- Drop sage leaves in about 3 at a time and fry tuntil just crisp.
- Remove to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Serve soup hot, garnished with 2 or 3 sage leaves per bowl.