From Gourmet Magazine. March 1998.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 4 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1Melt butter in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 6 minutes.
- 2Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add butternut squash and stir to coat. Add 1/2 cup chicken broth and wine. Simmer until squash is almost tender and liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, bring 3 1/2 cups broth to boil in heavy saucepan. Add orzo. Boil until tender but still firm to bite, about 8 minutes. Drain orzo if necessary.
- 4Transfer orzo to large bowl. Stir in butternut squash mixture, then Parmesan and sage. Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash and Sage Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (604 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.2
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 33.9 mg
- Sodium 354.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 18.0 g