Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this online today and couldn't resist sharing it. I love rhubarb, and this recipe looks so unique! The serving size and the times are estimates.
- To make the rhubarb puree, wipe and cut the rhubarb into chunks, place in a saucepan with 1 tablespoon of caster sugar and bring slowly to the boil.
- Leave to boil for one minute only and take off heat.
- Leave in saucepan with lid on and allow to cool down completely.
- Fry onion in oil.
- Peel, de-seed and chunk the butternut squash and place in pressure cooker with the onion.
- Add the chicken stock and cook on high for about 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool before liquidising in a blender.
- Add the pureed rhubarb and 1 tablespoon of chopped coriander.
- Season to taste.
Sorry, but I didn't care for this at all. I found it very sour, even with a lot of sugar added. It also lacked any depth of flavour. Definitely will not be making this again.