Make and share this Butternut Squash and Pear Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil on medium heat in Dutch oven or soup pot.
- Gently sauté onions until softened—about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder and stir, sautéing for 1 minute.
- Add butternut squash and pear pieces.
- Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until squash and pear are tender.
- Transfer soup to a food processor or blender and purée until smooth, working in two batches if necessary.