1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Cooking Light Magazine, October 2004. Haven't tried this as yet - it seems very interesting! Can't wait!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (1/2-inch cubes)
- cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups low-fat milk (1 percent)
- 1 cup grated fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 9 cups cubed day-old French bread (1-inch)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Arrange squash in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- 3Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 4Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or until tender.
- 5Remove from oven; reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- 6Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 7Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- 8Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute.
- 9Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- 10Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, milk, 1/2 cup cheese, pepper, nutmeg, eggs, and egg whites in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 11Stir in squash and onion mixture.
- 12Add bread, and stir gently to combine.
- 13Let stand 10 minutes.
- 14Spoon into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 15Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- 16Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until pudding is set and lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash and Parmesan Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.5
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 119.4 mg
- Sodium 512.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
day-old French bread