1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Cooking Light Magazine, October 2004. Haven't tried this as yet - it seems very interesting! Can't wait!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (1/2-inch cubes)
- cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups low-fat milk (1 percent)
- 1 cup grated fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 9 cups cubed day-old French bread (1-inch)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Arrange squash in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- 3Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 4Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or until tender.
- 5Remove from oven; reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- 6Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 7Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- 8Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute.
- 9Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- 10Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, milk, 1/2 cup cheese, pepper, nutmeg, eggs, and egg whites in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 11Stir in squash and onion mixture.
- 12Add bread, and stir gently to combine.
- 13Let stand 10 minutes.
- 14Spoon into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 15Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- 16Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until pudding is set and lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash and Parmesan Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.5
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 119.4 mg
- Sodium 512.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
day-old French bread