This simple dish gets the thumbs up from all who have tried it! Try it topped with other cheeses, too - Roquefort or mozzarella work superbly. Recipe from Sophie Conran. Serve with couscous and a crunchy green salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut in half
- 2/3 cup vegetable stock
- 7 tablespoons heavy cream
- 7 ounces goat cheese, sliced
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat the oil and butter in a large pan on a medium heat. Bung in the onions and gently fry for about 10 mins or until soft.
- 2Stir in the garlic, thyme and rosemary, followed by the squash and sweet potato. Season with salt and plenty of pepper and continue cooking for 15 mins, stirring often.
- 3Stir in the wine and turn up the heat for a couple of minutes, so the wine reduces by half. Reduce the heat, plop in the tomatoes, then glug in the stock. Stir and boil gently for a further 10 mins, or until all the veg are lovely and soft and cooked to taste. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat the broiler.
- 4Stir through the cream and place the cheese on top of the stew. Pop under the broiler until all the cheese has melted and started to brown.
- 5Serve with couscous and a crunchy green salad.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Stew
Serving Size: 1 (635 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.6
- Calories from Fat 420
- Total Fat 46.7 g
- Saturated Fat 25.1 g
- Cholesterol 105.6 mg
- Sodium 386.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: