Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This simple dish gets the thumbs up from all who have tried it! Try it topped with other cheeses, too - Roquefort or mozzarella work superbly. Recipe from Sophie Conran. Serve with couscous and a crunchy green salad.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut in half
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable stock
- 7 tablespoons heavy cream
- 7 ounces goat cheese, sliced
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pan on a medium heat. Bung in the onions and gently fry for about 10 mins or until soft.
- Stir in the garlic, thyme and rosemary, followed by the squash and sweet potato. Season with salt and plenty of pepper and continue cooking for 15 mins, stirring often.
- Stir in the wine and turn up the heat for a couple of minutes, so the wine reduces by half. Reduce the heat, plop in the tomatoes, then glug in the stock. Stir and boil gently for a further 10 mins, or until all the veg are lovely and soft and cooked to taste. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat the broiler.
- Stir through the cream and place the cheese on top of the stew. Pop under the broiler until all the cheese has melted and started to brown.
- Serve with couscous and a crunchy green salad.