Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love this soup, it's so creamy and spicy good for a cold day with a nice slice of homemade bread, totally comfort food. I make my own curry paste with oil and mixed spices, or you can just use some curry powder made into a paste with a little water I have used both in the past.
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 750 ml chicken or 750 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- salt and pepper
- Peel and chop up squash into small pieces and dice the onion.
- Heat oil in a medium pan and saute squash and onion for a few minutes.
- Add the curry paste, salt and pepper mix well then add the stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until soft.
- Blend in a liquidiser or use an immersion blender and blend till smooth.
Simple, straightforward, and delicious. I've made this twice now; the first time I followed it exactly and it was delicious. The second time I added some cilantro, lime juice, and pureed tofu, which was also good, but is a whole different soup. The original recipe is awesome on it's own and I'll definitely make it again.