Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
thick and creamy, and all for rsc, thanks for giving me this great idea recipezaar
Make and share this butternut squash and corn chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs butternut squash, cubed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled,cut cubed
- 6 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 dash clove
- 1 large potato, peeled,cubed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup toasted pine nuts, for garnish
- heat oil in large pot, add onions garlic, red pepper and spices, saute until vegetables are softened, about 8-10 minutes add squash, 1 c corn, sweet potato and 6 c water, bring to boil and simmer 30 minutes using a hand blender puree soup until smooth-- (may put several batches in a regular blender) return to pot, bring to a boil.
- add potato and remaining corn, simmer about 15 minutes, adding water to thin if desired season with salt and pepper, garnish with toasted pignoli (pine nuts).
Very easy and very good. When I tasted it, I felt it needed some salt. So I added some and it was much tastier. I would recommend this recipe highly. I used canned corn instead of frozen corn and it was just fine. The consistency was perfect and I didn't need to add additional water. This recipe makes a lot of soup. Thanks Chia!