1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash and Chocolate Chip Muffins
These are the fluffiest most delicious cake-like muffins! It's so rewarding to start with raw squash and end up with such a sumptuous treat. My children absolutely devour these - a batch will disappear in a day. A must try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Turn oven on to 400 degrees F. Cut a butternut squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place cut side down on parchment paper over a cookie sheet and roast for 45 minutes. When cool enough to handle, scoop the squash away from the peel. Mash. Use 2 1/2 cups. This time is not included in the prep time.
- 2Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Using a stand mixer, blend thoroughly the squash, shortening, margarine, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- 3Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir just until blended. Remove bowl from mixer and fold in the chocolate chips (if desired).
- 4Line 24 muffin cups. Scoop the batter into the cups.
- 5Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash and Chocolate Chip Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.1
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 292.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 2.3 g