Butternut Squash and Chickpea Tangine
- Finely chop the coriander and parsley. Set Aside. Peel the squash and cut into 4 x 4 cm pieces.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Heat the oil in the pot and add the onion. Cook over a low heat until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 20 seconds, then add the cumin, tumeric and cayenne pepper. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring continuously.
- Add the paprika, tomato paste, sugar and half the coriander, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add the tomatoes and the drained chickpeas. Stir and then add the pumpkin and the water, stir and then cover with the lid. Once simmering, turn the heat down to low and cook covered for 35 minutes.
- Serve with Couscous.