Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This one is from Allthingsnice
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and washed
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled & cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped (more to garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- Finely chop the coriander and parsley. Set Aside. Peel the squash and cut into 4 x 4 cm pieces.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Heat the oil in the pot and add the onion. Cook over a low heat until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 20 seconds, then add the cumin, tumeric and cayenne pepper. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring continuously.
- Add the paprika, tomato paste, sugar and half the coriander, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add the tomatoes and the drained chickpeas. Stir and then add the pumpkin and the water, stir and then cover with the lid. Once simmering, turn the heat down to low and cook covered for 35 minutes.
- Serve with Couscous.
Reviewed for ZWT9- I cooked this dish using my new tagine- turned out lovely- moist and flavourful. A great Moroccan flavoured vege dish that was enjoyed .
Flavorful and filling!! Easy to make and lots left over for the next day!