1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash and Chickpea Stew With Couscous
Vegetarian Times. April 2008.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in saucepan. Saute' carrots,onion and red bell pepper until softened. Stir in cumin seeds and bay leaf.
- 2Puree 3/4 cup of chickpeas and 3/4 cup butternut squash soup in blender until smooth.
- 3Add to carrot/onion/pepper mixture. Add the remainder chickpeas and soup. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Meanwhile, place couscous in heat-proof bowl and stir in 1 1/2 cups boiling water.
- 5Cover, and let stand 3 to 5 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork.
- 6Divide couscous among 6 bowls . Ladle chickpea stew around couscous in each bowl.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash and Chickpea Stew With Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.9
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 466.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
butternut squash soup