1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash and Cheese Panade
1 hr 20 mins
Found in the Thanksgiving 2008 edition of Relish Magazine. Can be made into a cassarole or into individual ramekins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 slices multi-grain bread, torn into pieces and toasted
- 2 sweet onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped (1 tsp dried)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped (1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups gruyere or 1 1/2 cups swiss cheese, grated
- 1Combine onion and squash in a lage bowl.
- 2Add oil and spices, and toss well.
- 3Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast in 400 degree oven until onions begin to brown and squash is tender.
- 4Grease 9 x 13" cassarole and layer bread, squash mixture and cheese.
- 5Slowly pour 2 C broth over the top, allowing bread to soak up broth and pressing with back of spoon. Add remaining broth until it reaches 1" below pan's rim.
- 6Reduce heat 375F and cover pan with foil. Place on baking sheet and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 35-45 minutes longer, until bubbling puffed and golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Seasonal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Seasonal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash and Cheese Panade
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.7
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 429.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: