1 hr 1 min
A hearty combination; good for fall entertaining.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut in half lengthwise (about 1 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 8 ounces gruyere cheese, coarsely grated
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 1Preheat oven to 400°; line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Cut each squash half crosswise into ¼-inch slices.
- 3In a big bowl, toss the squash with the olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4Place the squash on the prepared baking sheet; roast for 20-25 minutes, turning pieces over halfway through, or until the squash feels soft when pierced with a fork and the slices are slightly caramelized; set aside to cool slightly.
- 5In a small bowl, mash the butter and parmesan together.
- 6Spread the parmesan butter on 1 side of each tortilla and place them on a work surface, buttered side down.
- 7Place 6 slices of squash on the bottom half of each tortilla, followed by the Gruyere, blue cheese, and sage; fold the tortillas in half to enclose the filling.
- 8Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes; place 2 of the quesadillas in the skillet, cover, and cook for 2 minutes or until the undersides are golden brown and the cheese has begun to melt.
- 9Watch carefully, as the Parmesan butter can burn easily.
- 10Uncover, and turn the quesadillas with a spatula; cook for about 1 minute, or until the undersides are golden brown and the cheese has melted completely.
- 11Repeat with the remaining 2 quesadillas; cut in half and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash and Blue Cheese Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 902.9
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 104.4 mg
- Sodium 1456.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 37.2 g