Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was inspired by the risotto recipe but didn't have all the ingrediants. My Husband loves it. The amounts I use make two servings as a main dish with say jacket potatoes or 4 servings as a sidedish. I don't measure out so amounts are rough
- 1 butternut squash
- 3 slices bacon, cut into fair sized slices
- 2 tablespoons tbsps olive oil
- 1 tablespoon spoon of ground mixed herbs
- salt and pepper, to your own taste
- Peel and cube the squash.
- Mix oil, herbs, salt and pepper in a bowl large enough to take squash.
- Mix squash around in bowl, coating it in oil mix.
- Bake squash in a small casserole dish for about 30mins. (I save and reuse the foil dish that ready prepared veg sometimes come in, but as long as the squash are only one deep I guess a casserole dish is fine).
- Add the bacon and give the squash a stir to stop it sticking.
- Cook for another 15 minutes.