1 hr 30 mins
Terry Heer's Note:
My husband brought this recipe back from New York several years ago. He had the honor of working at the home of Annemarie Huste, Personal Chef to Billy Rose and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. She served him this soup one afternoon and graciously gave him the recipe for his new wife. I have been making it ever since. The whole family looks forward to "soup night" when this one is on the menu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut butternut squash in half, peel and seed.
- 2Peel, core and coarsely chop the apples.
- 3Peel the onion and coarsely chop.
- 4Combine all these ingredients with the rosemary, marjoram, chicken broth, water, bread, salt and pepper in a heavy saucepan.
- 5Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 6Puree the soup in a blender until smooth.
- 7(Do in several batches, not filling the blender more than a quarter full each time).
- 8Return the soup to the saucepan and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat.
- 9Just before serving, add the heavy cream.
- 10Serve hot with a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley on top.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.0
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 547.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 6.0 g