1/1 Photo of Butternut Soup With Pears and Apples
1 hr 10 mins
From Cooking Light. Per 1 cup serving: 117 calories, 2.2 g fat, 1.2 g protein, 25.5 g carb, 2.3 g fiber, 4 mg cholesterol.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup chopped peeled braeburn apple
- 1 cup chopped peeled Anjou pear
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1Melt the butter in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Add in onion and celery; stir/saute for 4 minutes or until tender.
- 3Add in squash and the next 8 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- 4Partially cover, lower heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until tender.
- 5Throw out bay leaf.
- 6Transfer half of squash mixture to the container of a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- 7Pour puree into a bowl; repeat procedure with the remaining squash mixture.
- 8Return all puree mixture to soup pot; stir in syrup.
- 9Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until well heated.
- 10**Could use stick blender in soup pot instead of pureeing in blender.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Soup With Pears and Apples
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.5
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.3 mg
- Sodium 114.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 1.3 g