Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
From "Tyler's Ultimate," episode "Sloppy Joes."
Make and share this Butternut Slaw - Tyler Florence recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 lbs butternut squash (1 medium squash)
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Over medium-low heat, in a dry pan, toast walnuts, shaking pan frequently. Remove nuts to a plate as soon as they begin to smell nutty.
- Peel squash with a potato peeler or knife. Shred finely using a box grater, mandoline or food processor.
- In a bowl, whisk together goat cheese, honey, cider vinegar and lemon juice. When smooth, drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss squash, walnuts, cranberries and parsley in dressing until fully coated. Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
I really wanted and even expected to enjoy this more than I did. Yes it is kind of like a sophisticated carrot raisin salad, but something in the flavor turned me off to it.
A different fresh salad, perfect in Autumn. If you think squash can't be eaten raw think of carrots. Try a bite. The toasted walnuts and honey make the recipe in my opinion. I didn't change an ingredient or instruction.