From "Tyler's Ultimate," episode "Sloppy Joes."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 lbs butternut squash (1 medium squash)
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Over medium-low heat, in a dry pan, toast walnuts, shaking pan frequently. Remove nuts to a plate as soon as they begin to smell nutty.
- 2Peel squash with a potato peeler or knife. Shred finely using a box grater, mandoline or food processor.
- 3In a bowl, whisk together goat cheese, honey, cider vinegar and lemon juice. When smooth, drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Toss squash, walnuts, cranberries and parsley in dressing until fully coated. Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Slaw - Tyler Florence
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.9
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 155.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 10.1 g