1/3 Photos of Butternut Shrimp Soup Topped With Sherry
1 hr 20 mins
That's what I call YUMMY COMFORT food! To make it a bit richer I saute one large onion in 5 tablespoons of butter sprinkled with one tablespoon of brown sugar till caramelized. Then add to soup at the end with shrimp. Alternate method for pureeing butternut Pureed Squash Butternut, Acorn Any Hard Winter Squash!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean out the squash; remove the skin and cut into 1/2 inch dice.
- 2Measure 3 cups of cut-up squash.
- 3In a saucepan, simmer the squash, celery salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, curry powder, milk, and broth for about 30 minutes.
- 4Stir to keep the milk from burning.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Add half the shrimp and pears to the pumpkin mixture and process in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- 7Return to saucepan and simmer.
- 8Add the remaining whole shrimp and pears and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- 9Top with sherry, more cinnamon and nutmeg to taste.
- 10Optional Seving Bowl:.
- 11If you are going to serve the soup in a pumpkin, boil 2 quarts of water.
- 12Cut the top off of the squash and clean out carefully.
- 13Cut a notch in the top for the ladle to stick through.
- 14Pour the boiling water into the squash and swish around and then pour into sink.
- 15Pour the soup into the pumpkin.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Shrimp Soup Topped With Sherry
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.4
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 337.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: