1/1 Photo of Butternut Pumpkin, Rosemary and Ginger Soup
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
The classic pumpkin soup enhanced with a little ginger and herb.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 kg butternut pumpkin (peeled, seeded and cut into chunks)
- 1 medium brown onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 inch gingerroot (a little smaller than a wine cork, peeled and sliced finely)
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1 liter chicken stock
- white wine
- extra virgin olive oil
- flaked sea salt
- black pepper
- 1Take some cooking twine and tie the rosemary sprigs firmly into one bundle, leaving a long piece of string attached to the sprigs (about 1 foot in length).
- 2In a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat, soften the pumpkin onion and ginger in a little butter and oil.
- 3Add a splash of white wine and turn the heat up to high and reduce the wine until almost all the liquid is gone.
- 4Pour in the stock, the rosemary (tying the excess string to the handle of the pot) bring to the boil and reduce to simmer, for approx 1/2 - 3/4hr.
- 5Add the cream and simmer a further 15 minutes.
- 6Remove the rosemary sprigs; blend the soup with a handheld stick blender or in a food processor until smooth.
- 7Pour the soup through a fine sieve back into the saucepan, (you will need to stir it in the sieve to help it through).
- 8* Return the soup to a low heat and season to taste.
- 9* Garnish with a little drizzle of fresh cream and serve with some garlic rubbed crusty bread on the side.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Pumpkin, Rosemary and Ginger Soup
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.2
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.1 mg
- Sodium 197.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: