This soup is delicious its sweet and creamy with a hint of spice coming through. Friends and family cant get enough of it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium butternut pumpkin
- 8 cups water
- 3 pieces chicken fillets, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon all purpose seasoning (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon minced green chili pepper (optional)
- 2 carrots (optional)
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta (optional)
- 1/2-1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped (cilantro)
- 1Peel and cube butternut place in a medium pot with water.
- 2Cook until butternut is soft.
- 3Purée in blender.
- 4Melt butter or ghee on medium heat add garlic and spices stir a minute or so until fragrant add chicken cubes and cook with the lid on till done, not forgetting to stir.
- 5Add cooked chicken to pureed butternut.
- 6Scrap and grate carrots add to puréed butternut.
- 7Add uncooked pasta to puréed butternut.
- 8Adjust salt,pepper and water depending on taste and consistency of soup required.
- 9Allow to boil on medium heat until pasta is cooked stir from time to time to prevent pasta sticking.
- 10Add cream and coriander before serving gently heat to infuse all flavours.
- 11Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Pumpkin Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 44.2
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.1 mg
- Sodium 211.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: