Recipe by beckoned
Something I made up while bored. Doesn't use stocks, bouillon, broth, just veggies for flavour! The prep time includes blending time.
- 1 butternut pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 1 kg white potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- salt and pepper
- oil or butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes and pumpkin in a large pot until tender.
- Take off heat and let cool a bit.
- While cooling, saute the onion in oil or butter, whichever preferred, until soft.
- Drain, but save the liquid!
- Blend potatoes and pumpkin in a blender/food processor until smooth, adding the liquid if it gets too thick to blend.
- Add milk while blending until it reaches the consistency desired, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put back in pot, add onion and heat. DO NOT LET BOIL!
- Serve with hot buttered toast.