Something I made up while bored. Doesn't use stocks, bouillon, broth, just veggies for flavour! The prep time includes blending time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil potatoes and pumpkin in a large pot until tender.
- 2Take off heat and let cool a bit.
- 3While cooling, saute the onion in oil or butter, whichever preferred, until soft.
- 4Drain, but save the liquid!
- 5Blend potatoes and pumpkin in a blender/food processor until smooth, adding the liquid if it gets too thick to blend.
- 6Add milk while blending until it reaches the consistency desired, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Put back in pot, add onion and heat. DO NOT LET BOIL!
- 8Serve with hot buttered toast.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Pumpkin and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (1055 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 240.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: