Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My Mom made this pound cake for me for as long as I can remember. The butternut flavoring gives it unique taste. It is a very dense and delicious pound cake!
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 cup self rising flour
- 1 tablespoon imitation vanilla butternut flavoring
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a bundt or tube cake pan.
- Cream together the sugar and Shortening until it is smooth.
- add 1 egg at a time, mixing well between each one.
- sift the 2 cups of cake flour with the 1/2 cup self rising flour.
- alternate adding the flour and milk (add a little flour, mix, add a little milk, mix, flour, mix, milk, mix, etc.).
- finally, add the butternut flavoring.
- mix well.
- pout into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour.