Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
my mom & all my aunts used to make this cake years, and years ago. I haven't been able to find the exact recipe online. My husband loves this cake. I always make it for him on special ocassions. Wonderful recipe. Preparation time is a guess, as are the amount of servings.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, extra large
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- salt, few grains
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon butter-nut flavoring
- 5 ounces evaporated milk (mix with water to make 1 cup liquid)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix shortening, and sugar together and beat with mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating after each.
- Add baking power,and salt, and beat.
- Add flavoring and beat.
- Alternate the flour and milk and beat after each addition.
- Place in a greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Don't over cook. Insert broom straw into center and if it comes out clean, cake is done.
- Should be able to dump onto a plate in 5-10 minutes.
- Serve plain, or with a sprinkle of confectioners sugar.