Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you like pumpkin pie you'll like this! Serve with whipped cream! I've also made it without a crust just lightly spray oil then pour filling into pan. Butternut is also known as the African Bell. Method for pureeing butternut Pureed Squash Butternut, Acorn Any Hard Winter Squash!
- baked and pureed butternut squash (Pureed Squash Butternut, Acorn Any Hard Winter Squash!)
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 4 eggs, mixed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces Southern Comfort
- Mix everything except for pie crust with whisk.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake in preheated oven at 425° for for 15 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 325° and bake for 45 more minute.
This was my first experience at making a Butternut Pie. This is a really good pie. I tcut this recipe in half and it still makes a large deep dish pie. Great for making the day before the dinner party.
I used your method in Recipe #194908 for making the squash in the filling. This was very good. Everyone thought it was pumpkin pie. I did not add the ginger, but everything else. The Southern Comfort adds a nice sweetness. I will be adding this to our Thanksgiving table. Made and Reviewed for Regional ABC Tag - Thanks! :)