Recipe by Lisa Gay
Creamy sweet and savory butternut sauce baked with your favorite pasta. This is a great comfort food! The prep time assumes the squash is already cooked and mashed.
- 1 cup butternut squash, cooked (canned, frozen, roasted, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Cream sauce mixture
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (dissolved in 2 tablespoons cold water)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked (we like rigatoni or spirals because it holds the sauce better)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cooked squash by adding the butter and the brown sugar. Set aside.
- Heat cream. Thicken with the cornstarch slurry. Add the garlic powder, sage, salt and grated asiago cheese.
- Combine the cream sauce with the squash mixture and stir in the cooked pasta. May sprinkle additional asiago cheese on top if desired.
- Bake in greased pan at 350 F for 25-30 minute.