Recipe by Valeria
I got this recipe from a cookbook that's new out this year called "Simply in Season". Instead of pork I used one cup of TVP (texturized vegetable protein, which is cheaper than meat), although I would recommend using skewer-sized chunks and not the broken up variety that I got.
Top Review by Contemplative
I made this last night. I couldn't get pork meat, so I used some high quality cumberland pork sausages instead. I also added in a handful of chopped green and red peppers to brighten it up a bit. I was surprised at how well it all came together and my partner was very pleased too :) I'll definately be making it again!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork, cut in 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage (ground or rubbed)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium apples, peeled if desired and chopped