Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cooking Light. Nov 2003.
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) butternut squash
- cooking spray
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package goat cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 36 slices French baguettes, toasted (about 8 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds.
- Place squash halves, cut sides down, on a foil-lined jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- Remove white papery skin from the garlic head (do not peel or separate the cloves). Wrap garlic head in foil. Place garlic on pan with squash.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until squash is tender. Cool slightly. Scoop out the pulp from squash, and discard skins.
- Separate garlic cloves; squeeze to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins.
- Place squash, garlic, juice, salt, and cheese in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a bowl, and sprinkle evenly with nuts. Serve with baguette slices.