- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- in a 3-quart saucepan, saute the squash, carrots, celery, onion, and ginger in the olive oil until tender.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 40 minute stirring occasionally.
- Puree soup in a blender or food processor. Reheat on stove if necessary.
- Add salt to taste.