Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Make and share this Butternut Ginger Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- salt, to taste
- in a 3-quart saucepan, saute the squash, carrots, celery, onion, and ginger in the olive oil until tender.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 40 minute stirring occasionally.
- Puree soup in a blender or food processor. Reheat on stove if necessary.
- Add salt to taste.
Quick, easy and delicious. I added a small dollop of RF Sour-cream and sprinkled with powdered ginger for a "wow presentation". Served with a crusty bread, it was the perfect light lunch I was looking for. Thank you!
Great Vegetarian/Vegan thickened soup with full flavor; true comfort food. I added a cup of leftover canned pumpkin to the brew too. For step #2, I cooked it in my crock pot on low for 4-5 hours. It smelled heavenly cooking. Made for Spring PAC 2009.