Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From taste of home. A great fall dessert.
- 2 lbs butternut squash
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup milk, plus
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 (9 inch) pastry shells, baked
- whipped cream
- toasted flaked coconut
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a microwave safe dish; add hot water. Cover and microwave for 13-15 minutes or until tender. When cool enough to handle, scoop out pulp and mash. Set aside 1 1/2 cups squash (save remaining squash for another use).
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the squash until blended. Add the sugar, caramel topping, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves; beat until blended. Add pudding mix and milk; beat on low speed 2 minutes. Spoon into pastry shell. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and coconut.
Very good pie. I made this for my mother and she loved it!