Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Make and share this Butternut Cheese Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups coarsely shredded butternut squash (about 1 lb)
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked bulgur
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed and divided
- cooking spray
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add onion, feta and Parmesan cheeses, chopped mint, and black pepper to squash mixture, stirring to combine.
- Working with 1 phyllo sheet at a time (cover remaining dough to prevent drying), place 1 sheet into a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Gently press sheet into pie plate, allowing ends to extend over edges of pan; lightly coat with cooking spray. Place another phyllo sheet across first sheet to form a crisscross design; lightly coat phyllo with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with 2 phyllo sheets and cooking spray.
- Spoon squash mixture over phyllo. Place another phyllo sheet over squash, repeating crisscross design with remaining phyllo and cooking spray. Fold in edges of phyllo to fit dish and form a rim. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until golden brown.