Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From David Pantone.nt
Make and share this Butternut Carrot Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 709.77 ml diced carrots
- 709.77 ml diced butternut squash or 709.77 ml acorn squash or 709.77 ml hubbard squash or 709.77 ml winter squash, skin and seeds removed
- 9.85 ml fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1656.13 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 1.23 ml freshly ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, cook the onions in olive oil until translucent but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, and stir until fragrant, 1 minute or less.
- Add the carrots, squash, gingerrot and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until vegetables are very tender.
- Remove soup from heat and allow to cool to just warm.
- Puree the soup in a food processor or blender. Pour soup back into pan.
- Add the half and half and stir until hot but not boiling. Adjust consistency with a little broth if necessary.
- Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Serve hot.
Enjoyed!!! I really am spoiled because I enjoy my recipe with the pears but this is 5 stars! I used Pureed Squash Butternut, Acorn Any Hard Winter Squash! which gives the butternut a nice roasted carmelized flavor. I did use 5 cups butternut. Thanks!
When I told my family what was for dinner I got alot of looks of distaste. Once I convinced them to try it though they liked it. I served it with Cajun bagel chips for those that wanted some kick and garlic bagel chips for the rest.