1/1 Photo of Butternut Carrot Soup
Sue Lau's Note:
From David Pantone.nt
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups diced carrots
- 3 cups diced butternut squash or 3 cups acorn squash or 3 cups hubbard squash or 3 cups winter squash, skin and seeds removed
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1In a large saucepan, cook the onions in olive oil until translucent but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add the garlic, and stir until fragrant, 1 minute or less.
- 3Add the carrots, squash, gingerrot and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until vegetables are very tender.
- 4Remove soup from heat and allow to cool to just warm.
- 5Puree the soup in a food processor or blender. Pour soup back into pan.
- 6Add the half and half and stir until hot but not boiling. Adjust consistency with a little broth if necessary.
- 7Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Carrot Soup
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.4
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 1001.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g