I adopted this recipe in the RecipeZaar recipe adoption. Although I have not made it yet, Susie in Tx has and she made some great suggestions in her review. Please take a look and give this cake a try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour three 9-inch cake pans of butter.
- 3Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 4Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Mix soda and salt into buttermilk until foamy.
- 6Add alternately with flour.
- 7Add 3 teaspoons flavoring.
- 8Pour into prepared pans and bake until done, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 9For icing.
- 10Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- 11Add box of powdered sugar and beat well.
- 12Add butternut flavoring and blend.
- 13Stir in chopped pecans.
- 14Spread thinly between layers and cover cake completely with icing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 717.9
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 118.9 mg
- Sodium 500.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 72.5 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: