Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is perfect for a Thanksgiving dinner, by far the best butternut bisque that I have ever had.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs butternut squash (peeled & cubed)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 2 potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 5 -6 cups chicken stock (canned is ok)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch ginger
- Melt butter in large soup pot. Add carrots, onion and celery, sauté until soft. Add squash & potatoes (stir). Add chicken stock, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer partially covered for 40 minutes. Add curry, nutmeg & ginger. Puree soup in small batches in blender, return to pan, add more chicken stock to thin if needed. Salt & pepper to taste. Serve Hot!