The best soup. When I make this soup I always get raves. It's rich and creamy. I got it from Taste of Home.
- In a large saucepan, saute carrots, celery and leeks in butter for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the squash, broth and ginger; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until the squash is tender, about 25 minutes. Cool until lukewarm.
- In a blender or food processor puree squash mixture in small batches until smooth; return to pan.
- Add cream, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Heat through but do not boil.