Recipe by Nana Lee
This cookie is more tender than the typical butter cookie because there's powdered sugar in the dough rather than granulated sugar. Try them! The number of cookies depends on how big you make them
Top Review by kbars
This was a PERFECT kids recipe! I pre-measured everything and let my boys (7 and 9) follow the recipe and mix the dough. Then I unwrapped the Kisses and the rolled them up. The only thing I did was roll them in the powdered sugar after - I didn't want them to touch the cookies while they were hot. LOVE this recipe - we will DEFINITELY make again - Thanks Nana
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sifted powdered sugar (plus extra for rolling)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pecan halves
- chocolate Hershey chocolate kiss
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In large bowl, combine butter and powdered sugar and mix well.
- Add vanilla and beat.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Form dough around pecan halves or chocolate kiss, enclosing nut or chocolate completely.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 10-12 minutes.
- Cookies should not brown.
- Immediately drop into a bowl full of powdered sugar and roll to coat.
- Let cool on wire racks.
- When cool, roll in powdered sugar again.
- NOTE: the number of cookies depends on how big you make them.