Recipe by Tripped
I like trying things in a different light. I knew butternut and apples were good together but never thought of an soup till now.
- 1 butternut squash, large
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 lime
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the butternut squash in half and placed in an microwave safe dish and cooked for 12 minutes
- After chopping apples pour juice from lime over in a small bowl and let sit.
- In pot heat oil on meadium heat and place onions inches Cook till tender 3-5 minutes
- Add chicken stock and apples include lime juice.
- add cinnamon stick and nut meg.
- cook for 10 mins till apples soften and flavors mix.
- Scrape meat out of butternut and add to mix.
- Let heat for 5 mins then take off heat.
- Using blender wand puree mixture leave some chunks.
- serve hot or cool.