Recipe by Outta Here
A nice fall side dish. Goes well with pork or turkey. For a variation, substitute pears for the apples.
Top Review by Rachel Leah D
Simple, quick, and yummy! I'll probably only make this in the fall when apples & squash are in season... Also, be careful to sample the squash before serving and make sure they're well-enough cooked -- first time I made this some were still hard after an hour and I needed to remove the casserole dish from our table with guests (oops) & stick it back in the oven.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 3 medium apples, cored, peeled and sliced (I use Granny Smiths)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice (I use no sugar added juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat the inside of a 1-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Combine squash and apples with lemon juice and cinnamon in a large bowl. Toss to coat well. Place in casserole.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar. Pour apple juice over mixture.
- Cover casserole with lid or foil and bake 1 hour, or until squash is tender.