Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
My favorite squash recipe. Pretty easy, and soooo tasty. Prep time says one hour because you need to bake the squash before putting it in the soup. I made this vegetarian version based on another version that had chicken stock and cream cheese.
- 8 tablespoons chopped onions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups baked peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- In large suacepan, saute onions butter until tender.
- Add squash, stock, seasonings and bring to boil.
- Turn heat to low. Cook 15 minutes.
- In blender, puree squash with sour cream. Do in batches if necessary.
- Return to saucepan and heat through.