Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 fresh chili peppers, seeded and diced finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 lbs butternut squash, cubed
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- shredded coconut (for garnish)
- freshly chopped coriander (for garnish)
- Sauté onion, ginger, garlic, chillies and curry powder in heated oil until onion starts to become soft.
- Add butternut, potatoes and mustard seeds.
- Sauté for about 2 minutes until well coated in curry mixture then add c/milk and water.
- Cook uncovered until veggies are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve.