I've had this recipe for years and years. I have no idea where I got it, but I do know its always a hit! I usually make these with part whole wheat flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water; let stand about 5 minutes.
- 2Add sugar, salt, soda and egg.
- 3Add emough flour to make a stiff batter and beat about 2 minutes on medium speed of mixer.
- 4Pour in warm buttermilk and melted butter.
- 5Add enough flour to make a firm dough; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 - 10 minutes.
- 6Put in a large, buttered bowl and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 7Punch dough down and let rest about 5 minutes.
- 8Form dough into 24 balls and place in three buttered round cake pans. Rise, covered, until doubled in bulk.
- 9Brush rolls with heavy cream or melted butter, if desired.
- 10Bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Yeast Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.2
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 223.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 3.4 g