Recipe by Gina Rae Vinson
Grandma's recipe that everybody loves. Serve as dinner rolls as well as breakfast bisquits. Best served with raspberry jam! The dough can be kept in the refrigerator for a week!
Top Review by Librarybaker
In the South, we call these Angel Biscuits (maybe for their lightness?). My grandmother O. made the best and I am so happy to have this recipe. They remind me of her. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 7 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Sift next 5 dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and yeast mixture to large bowl of dry ingredients and mix well.
- Store in covered container or ziploc bag in refrigerator until ready to bake.
- Pinch off into bisquits and bake in an ungreased pan for 20 minutes at 400.