Recipe by Divalicious *808*
I came up with these gems in an effort to eat healthier! The batter seems thick but cooks up nice and fluffy. No hockey pucks here!
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup organic unbleached white flour
- 2 tablespoons whole ground flax seed meal
- 2 teaspoons organic evaporated cane juice sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon organic unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (I use Smart Balance canola, soy & olive oil blend)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir all dry ingrediants in a mixing bowl forming a well.
- Measure out buttermilk and combine the remaining wet ingrediants.
- Pour into the dry ingrediants and mix until all dry and wet ingrediants are incorporated. Batter will be thick.
- Pour a 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot greased griddle. Flip when edges are just firm.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings and enjoy!