- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted, plus extra melted butter to grease waffle iron
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the waffle iron,.
- Mis the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter and stir until well blended. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until completely smooth.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the waffle iron with melted butter. This prevents the waffles from sticking and also gives them a nice golden color. Do this for every waffle.
- Pour about 3/4 - 1 cup batter into the hot waffle iron. Bake the waffles until golden brown. Continue until all the batter is used up.